SEQUOIA is a Stand-Alone Application
for Point Cloud Processing and Meshing.
The following concepts lie in the foundation of the system:
Asynchronous: SEQUOIA handles user interaction and data processing asynchronously to ensure interactivity even during heavy calculations.
Multi-Threaded: SEQUOIA was designed from the ground up to take advantage of modern multi-processor systems.
Multi-Document: SEQUOIA lets you work on multiple documents at the same time, even side-by-side.
Auto-Caching: Data like the results of a meshing calculation will be cached automatically and can be accessed at a later point if the same parameters are specified by the user without additional processing.
Out-Of-Core: Data processing can be performed successfully even if the system memory does not allow all data to be loaded at once.
SEQUOIA v1.1 preview at SIGGRAPH 2016
A new version of SEQUOIA has been previewed for the first time at SIGGRAPH 2016.
- Processing double the speed of v1.0
- Native Linux support
- New workflows capable of maintaining geo-referenced data precision
- Simplified process of exporting textured mesh data to 3D applications and game engines.
- Baking high-resolution point colors to texture maps
- Support for new point cloud file formats, including Zoller + Fröhlich and Riegl;
- New mesh file formats, including Autodesk .FBX, U3D, and 3D PDF; and
- New image file formats .CIN, .DPX, .HDR and .SGI.